Everything you need to know about Chemical Peels!Boris Savchuk
What is Chemical Peels and how does it work?
Chemical Peel is a careful exfoliation treatment based on acid.
The way how it works – ones treatments applied the acid removes dead skin cells from the top layer. During the peeling process, the dead skin cells shed or flake off, eventually revealing fresh, new skin underneath.
What types of acids are they contain?
- Enzyme peels, Glycolic Acid
- Salicylic Acid
- Lactic Acid
- Phytic Acid
- Retinoic Acid
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA)
- Carbolic Acid
What are the benefits using Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels deeply cleanses and moisturises the skin, evens out its colour and surface, eliminates small wrinkles and reduces the depth of more pronounced ones. The entire process goes along with the skin rejuvenation: the skin becomes elastic, supple and radiant.
Different types of Chemical peel procedures:
Light Chemical Peel – to improve pigmentation, light wrinkles, acne and dryness. This type of peels uses glycol, salicylic, lactic or fruit acids. Light exfoliation that removes only the epidermis resulting in a healthier glow. Theres treatment ideal for patients with limited time on hands for recovery 4-7 days . For best results can be repeated in a regular intervals.
Medium Chemical Peel – helps deeper wrinkles, uneven skin colour, acne scarring. Acids used like Jessner’s solutions, Glycolic acid and Ttichloroacetic acid (TCA), Monochloroacetic Acid. The Acids removes cells from the epidermis and the dermis which result in up to 14 days of recovery from peeling but might leave redness for a months. Recommended be repeated in a regular intervals for best results.
Deep Chemical Peel – improved severe wrinkles, sun damage and hyperpigmentation. Uses Phenol Acid to achieve dramatic long-lasting results. Usually takes 14-21 days to heal, the patient will be taking antiviral medicine for few weeks and avoid sun exposure for 3-6 month. The treatment can only be used ones.
Prior getting Chemical Peels :
For 14 days before the procedure refrain from:
– Using scrubbing agents and rough sponges
-Do not perform ultrasonic face peeling,and for 3 months diamond micro-grinding
-Do not proceed with any kind of cosmetic injections
Week before the procedure :
-Do not have any type of hair removal and depilation. Avoid shaving the day before the procedure.
-Refrain from going to pools, saunas or similar
Post- treatment care:
- Make sure to apply sunscreen. The skin will start to peel after the procedure. Excessive exposure to the sun may cause fast pigmentation and skin damage. Apply enough sunscreen and to avoid sunlight if possible
- On the day of procedure, the patient might feel a burn and overheating sensation on the skin. In order to ease this uncomfortable feeling, it is recommended to calm down the skin by staying close to an air conditioner or using ice water. The burning feeling should disappear the next day after the procedure.
- Depending on the personal characteristics of the patient’s skin, the exfoliation process usually starts after 3 to 5 days after the procedure and the skin starts to peel off. It is extremely important not to remove the peeling skin. It usually takes 7 to 10 days for the skin to entirely peel off the face naturally after the procedure.
- After a chemical peeling procedure to quickly restore the skin and accelerate the process of renewal of the epithelium, the patient can apply moisturising and revitalising creams with massage movements until it is completely absorbed.
What product would you recommend?
If you liked this blog – share and leave a comment bellow 💚
#chemicalpeel #antiaging #koreantreatmetnts #liftingeffect #cellregeneration #collagenproduction
Everything you need to know about Chemical Peels !
How does chemical peel work? Benefits and Precautions ? Types of Chemical Peels?
What is the best Chemical Peel product?